Kraftangan Malaysia is an agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture. It was formed under Act 222 – Malaysian Craft Development Corporation Act 1979 and Act 562 –
Malaysian Craft Development Corporation Act (Amended) 1983. Kraftangan Malaysia’s Board of Directors are headed by the Chairman and its members include the Deputy Chairman, the Director-General of Kraftangan Malaysia and candidates from government and private sectors. Kraftangan Malaysia is spearheaded by the Director-General and assisted by two Deputy Director-Generals; Deputy Director-General (Operations) and Deputy Director-General (Development) to reach the vision, mission and objective of Kraftangan Malaysia.
Become the leader in the development of the country’s strong and competitive craft industry
To commercialise craft art products through marketing, product and entrepreneur development
- To raise awareness and increase interest in the usage of local craft products
- To develop market-oriented quality products
- To expand the market size of craft products
- To encourage growth and develop the craft industry; and
- To provide trained personnels according to the craft industry’s needs.